Interested in me doing an interactive Remote Demonstration (IRD) over the Internet for your club?
Click on the image below to watch a video on my video studio setup.
Isn’t technology wonderful! It is now feasible for a woodturning chapter to have an interactive remote demonstration (IRD) over the internet with me operating my own lathe in my shop and presenting to your chapter anywhere in the world.
I would be interested in working with your club to make this happen. I have done remote live demos for clubs across the USA since 2018. The biggest constraint for the club is a broadband internet connection. With a broadband connection and a laptop or tablet they can connect to their large screen TV or projector. The complexity is on the demonstrator’s side. The club also needs a champion willing to work with me to run a test well in advance to make sure we are both fully operational. If you have some interest, let’s talk!
Late breaking news! With the COVID-19 pandemic and clubs forced to cancel meetings, we all have had to adapt. I am able to host an Interactive Remote Meeting (IRM) for your club. Similar to an IRD but members with a PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone can participate from home. Can you imagine a show and tell where members at home can actually show their latest work from home? Or watch a demo in the comfort of their home and ask questions?
Please contact me if you are interested in an IRD or an IRM for your club.
Email: MikePeace356@gmail.com Phone: 770-362-4308
Advantages to a club:
- The opportunity to see a demonstrator they could not get to their club meeting.
- Lower costs because there are no travel costs.
- No setup or tear down of equipment
- Often, better video than a club gets with their own camera operator and equipment because the demonstrator typically has better lighting and video setup than a club might have. I use three or four different cameras for my remote demonstrations.
Advantages for the Demonstrator
- Using their own equipment with more options to show tools and have backup if there is some type of equipment failure
- No travel
- No packing and unpacking
I want to acknowledge all of the leadership and coaching provided by Alan Zenreich on this new approach to demonstrating.
Here is a link to a presentation by Alan Zeinrich, the woodturning champion in this area. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnxKFbc0tnk
Here is a link to a website hosted by Alan with a focus on clubs and demonstrators interested in interactive remote demonstrations https://www.lucidwoodturners.com/